Tuesday 22 February 2011

Hats

The theme this week at My Time to Craft is 'Hats'.
That set me wondering.
I did wonder about one of the fabulous Bugaboo red hat images?... an Easter bonnet?... a cowboy hat?... but eventually settled on this great image by Mo Manning. I coloured it with Copics and Promarkers and mounted it simply on a navy blue background, which I embossed to give a little texture.
The sentiment is computer generated and cut with a Spellbinder die. The blue is broken up by the strip of white cut with my Fiskars Upper Crest border punch.
The image didn't fit any of my Nesties so I cut it with a trimmer and embossed the edges by hand  using a Nestie and an embossing tool (ie not through the bug).
Do join us and let us see what hats you have in your cupboard!
Craft Your Passion - Male card
Incy Wincy - Use Punches or Dies
Karen's doodles - Masculine
Paper Playtime - Technology

15 comments:

  1. As they say...If the cap fits....Fab card Chrissie.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie
    Love this card ...great for a modern Boy
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing card Chrissie, thanks for joining us on Karen's Doodles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card! Love the simplicity! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week, Good Luck

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card for a boy. I never thought of using my nesties by hand - thanks for the tip.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for a young man ( I should look it up with the number of Grandsons that have lol) x You are so good at stylish cards Chrissie and perfect colouring lv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Masculine card... Great work..Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coo card for the coo dude in your life, love this card - perfect for those awkward teenage boys ( not my fave kind of card to make lol) thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, very boyish. I like all the ideas you give on using your nesties other than the normal way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome guy card! I love the blue & your colouring is FAB! THANKS for joining us at Karen's Doodles this week!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute boy card! I love how you colored it, and the embossing. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great image - love this one by Mo. Very appropriate for my boys who both have birthdays coming up.

    When you have images like these - its not always so hard to make a male/boys card.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie