Friday 18 February 2011

Steampunk!

Well this is a far cry from my usual Clean and Simple cards. It is the third week of my Guest Designer term at Daring Cardmakers and the theme this time is Steampunk!  Actually I don't think I'd even heard the word before and I had to look it up on the internet to see what is was. I'm not sure if this is totally 'steampunk', but it's my version.
The stamp is from Stampotique and most of the other stamping is from Tim Holtz stamps, I think the watches are from MSE. I did heaps of sponging and made the tag from a piece of card even adding a homemade reinforcement ring to add authenticity!
I have to admit that I did enjoy all that inkiness for a change!
The background card is embossed with a brick wall embossing folder from Tim Holtz.
Stamp Something - Funky

11 comments:

  1. Wow ! Definitely something different from you Chrissie - it is fabulous - the image,the colours,everything - perfect !! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when working out of your comfort zone you come up with perfection Chrissie. :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this weeks challenge has been a bit of learning curve for all of us lol. Love your card Chrissie the inking up is fabulous - I just adore those Stampotique girls too!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Love all the detail and the image is sassy! You asked if the border stamp was a wheel stamp on my card , it is from the Waltzingmouse stamps set Pic nic Patterns. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh Chrissie this is fabulous!
    The brick background absolutely makes it!

    Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. for someone who didn't know what steampunk was....this is brill
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the grungy feel of this card, the texture of the cardstock changing into brick stamp on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card chrissie,
    love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is an amazing tag - love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. When this came though on my email i had to look again to make sure it was from you (it's true) - then I thought O M G (that's true too).

    I could not believe my eyes at first - especially cos i've been nodding off all afternoon (a week of no sleep - i have a poorly boy)... when I read the blurb - i was really impressed by your creation and the fact that in my opinion - you couldn't be further from your comfort zone with that stampotique image...

    I admire your talent already - but to effortlessly pull this off, my hat really goes off to you Chrissie... well done - you achieved the look!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a wonderful job! There's nothing like a leap out of the comfort zone, is there? hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie