Friday 25 February 2011

Farnborough Friday!

Well, I have just spent a couple of days at my daughter's, where I had a lovely time with my two grandchildren, however Daisy was a bit of a pickle yesterday...  the terrible twos spring to mind!
Today I will be meeting Mandi and together we'll be heading for Farnborough for the craft show. I can't wait! Our new blog "Less is More" has been such a phenomenal success in its first weeks that we will have so much to talk about...despite emailing each other about 40 times each day.
This card is my final contribution as Guest Designer for Daring Cardmakers and this time the challenge is to use something from the Pound Shop!
Here you can see the card I made for a friend to give to a male friend. The stamp is from a SU set and the paper is from Pink Petticoat.  The item from the Pound Shop is the duo pack of adhesive tape. This is foam tape and pads, loads for just £1. The reel is great for making shaker cards and the pads for any kind of cards where elements need to be in relief.
Well I hope to go goody hunting today... I let you see what I got later!

15 comments:

  1. have fun both of you!
    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely masculine card Chrissie. Have fun at the craft show x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a striking card Chrissie and great for a male.I love the image and how you have left it uncoloured x
    Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card chrissie. Hope you and Mandi have a great day.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! Hope it's a bit less windy than last year, the noise really put me off. You coming to the NEC in March?

    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hun
    a stiking card, have a lovely day, lookin forward to 2moro, have great weekend, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab card Chrissie - have at great time in Farnborough and thanks for being a fantastic GD for us this past month - you've made some stunning cards.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous Chrissie. We all love a bargain and I work at Poundland so being a tightfisted crafter, it`s easy for me lol. Have a great time.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have been in Poundland this a.m. and bought 8 A4 size pieces of different coloured felt, Bargain! I also get the sticky fixers and tape too.
    Great card Chrissie, the red is very striking. Looking forward to seeing what tomorrows challenge is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect paper for the wine and bread. It's looks like a checked tablecloth! The unpainted image is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous card :D It's so clean and neat - something I have never managed to master lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card!!! love it!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie

    Glad you found the bargain sticky pads... I have been buying these ever since I started crafting - and recon if I calculated what C&C charge for them, I've saved an absolute fortune. I visit the poundland and poundshop all the time for stationery and crafting bargains. I never run out!

    Hope you had a great craft hunting time.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie