Sunday 13 February 2011

One Layer Wednesday 40 & Surprise Bouquet

Jennifer is being really strict with the One Layer Wednesday challenge this week. We may use 2 and 2 only images and NO sentiment.
Here I stamped the background rectangle with Sahara Sand and then stamped my new acquisition (Lovely as a tree from SU)  over the top!
I find it quite pleasing. I did experiment with a different shape card to begin with but preferred this square in the end. I seem to be a little behind with my card making. Must have something to do with a certain new grandchild I think.
 Yesterday I was surprised by my daughter and her hubby who sent this lovely bouquet to me to thank me for the support I gave her prior to Sebastian's birth. What a lovely daughter!
OLW 40 - Two for the Show

11 comments:

  1. Another of your stunning masterpeices Chrissie. I like the subtle colours Love the SU tree stamp, I must see if I can get them sent here. Daughters eh! she sounds just like my two, kind and thoughtful. Make the most of little Sebastian, he will grow all too quickly, as I now realise with our three Grandsons. I should be off to make some cards now, but think I will have to go 'blogging' for a while. Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Chrissie, it's amazing how beautiful a design can be with very little. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great - I love that set of trees - this could be used for so many occasions.

    Your bouquet is wonderful, so sweet of your daughter and hubby. Enjoy Sebastian - they grow so fast!! Don't have grands yet (hopefully not for quite a while) so have that pleasure to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that SU set too....now I know another way to use it! Thanks! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stamp you used on this card , what a gorgeous bouquet too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card...really pretty! Love your bouquet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Truly gorgeous.
    well done.

    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found Less is More Chrissie much play along :) sorry i've missed the first one.
    Sabastian is Gorgeous what a sweetie,My eldest G/son is 24 this year.... where did the years go, make sure you don't blink. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous Chrissie - its easy to see that this layout/image could be turned into a Christmas image. I love the shape of that tree to.

    How lovely of your daughter to but some gorgeous flowers. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry - meant to say buy you flowers, not but... please forgive me!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie