Saturday 26 February 2011

Week 4 "Less is More" Three Squares

For our challenge this week at "Less is More" we have an easy recipe to follow... not many ingredients... just 3 squares. Other things may be added of course (in moderation, as we are a Clean and Simple Challenge).
For my card I have used the 'Cracked Glass' technique. A tutorial for this is on our challenge blog, so do check it out if you are curious to know how it's done.
The beautiful butterfly stamp is from a set of fabby handbag stamps from Sheena Douglas, whom I have discovered were designed by Sylvie, one of our participants in "Less is More". How exciting is that!
The inks used for sponging are both from Stampin' Up in Pretty in Pink and Sahara Sand.
Here you can see the 'Cracked Glass' effect in more detail and if you click on the photograph you should get a super-enlarged picture.
If you've not tried the Clean and Simple technique and would like to learn more, do visit 'Less is More', you'll find lots of tips and tutorials from us and fabulous inspiration from fellow crafters.
Mandi and I had a wonderful time yesterday at the craft fair in Farnborough. We met up with the lovely Julia of WOYWW fame, and Sharon, with whom I was a fellow DT member at One Stop Crafts. We did actually wear our "Less is More " badges... but no-one seemed to recognise them apart from Julia and Sharon. Maybe lots of attendees weren't bloggers! I intended taking my camera to capture the occasion, but when I looked yesterday morning the battery was dead...so sadly no picture.
However, here is what I came away with.
Lots of toys to keep me quiet for a while, the problem arises when I need to stow them all away!
The Res-Q Challenge - Squares

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Chrissie, love the colours! I like the way the images are offset it's very effective. Glad you had a good time at Farnboroughand got lot of goodies! I'm waiting for Alexandra Palace and have been visiting Portsmouth for the last 4 days :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly beautiful card, I love the soft colours and layout :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Chrissie, and the cracked Glass effect is super. Ohh My Friend Heidi was demoing at Farnborough on Little Claires Stand. She too said it was great, Thanks for the inspiration again on Less is More. HAzelxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AWESOME!I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Chrissie, love the colours, I have never done 'Cracked Glass' technique, but will give it a try soon, off now to read the tutorial, thanks for the inspirations you give.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly stunning Chrissie very effective indeed. LOL at you comment on my blog. I was up early this morning what better way to start the weekend with LIM.....brightens up my Saturday :D
    thanks for all the lovely comments you leave. I just LOVE your challenges!!!

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Chrissie. The colours used and design are gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Chrissie - I love how you have placed the squares together and to one side - not equally spaced out as one would tend to do - thanks for the inspiration.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one fantastic card Chrissie. The technique looks particularly stunning with those stamps and the colours.
    It was a pleasure to meet you at long last! Hmm, you were a lot more restrained than I was in the buying department.
    Thanks for your feedback on the latest card - I now have a gorgeous revision with the snowflake charm, crystals and grey thin ribbon. Hope to blog it if I get a daylight photo.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soft,pastel colours and a fantastic stamp to play with and there is a gorgeous card at the end... Some of Sheena's stamp sets are lovely and it is great to know someone from your LIM Challenge site has actually designed this particular one!
    Going to try your crackle glaze technique as it looks really effective, thanks for the tutorial:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi thanks for your comment on my blog, I have really been enjoying your challenge this month - it has made me in to a better crafter as I am more critical of my work, and have raised my game as the range of types of work on their are so inspiring - cheers for setting it up and I am on to playing with crackle glaze next!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie