Sunday 13 February 2011

Off at a tangent

Do you ever start something and then kinda stray away?
This card started with the sketch from Clean and Simple, and I decided to use the colours from Colour Create. That was the beginning of the straying...
The cardstock is white and one of the colours from Colour Create is cream, so I thought I'd triple emboss the image once I'd stamped and die-cut it to make it a creamier colour. Then of course it didn't match the cardstock any more and so I decided to add some DP with a creamy background. The one I chose to go with the colour scheme was this harlequin pattern from Pink Petticoat... which kinda strays from the clean and simple element... Hey Ho, I like it anyway and it's only a card after all so why worry!
Clean and Simple 127
Colour Create - Chocolate, Strawberry and Cream
Pals Paper Arts - Vintage

7 comments:

  1. Straying is good - another beauty Chrissie. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, very eyecatching.
    Yes, I frequently stray from what I started and end up finishing with something totally different. It all adds to the fun af cardmaking :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have strayed from your original idea but produced a stunning card in the process

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well however you got there Chrissie it turned out to be STUNNING!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the classic colour combo and if straying ends up with fab cards like this then I say straying is good lol, and yes I do it too, I think most crafters end up with much different projects to what they initially intended xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it too, Chrissie - very elegant!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for our current challenge, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie