Tuesday 1 February 2011

Flourishes

Well it's now February and the new little person whose arrival we are awaiting has still not put in an appearance!
Each day we think maybe this will be the day!
So on to other things.
This is my DT card for My Time to Craft this week, where the challenge is 'Flourishes'. I made this card  (before I left home to come to my daughter's) as a contingency plan should I have to remain here longer than anticipated... what a good job I did, as I have no card making facilities here.
This image from Stampin' Up, was another gift from my lovely friend Mandi. She is SO generous!
I love the flourishes on the bird's wing, which are echoed and expanded as part of the branch.
The sentiment was made on the computer and I love the juxtaposition of the swirly script font with the upper case typeface font. I cut it out with an oval Nestie and punched holes to make it into a slider to mount on the ribbon, which I placed on a strip of black card to add definition.
I wonder what today will bring!
Crazy Challenge - Happy Birthday
Kaboodle Doodles - Make it monochromatic
Shabby Tearoom - Get Creative
Crafty Ho's - No Designer paper
Ginger loft - Things that fly

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards, love the layout
    I only gave you my cast offs lol

    Keep expecting news as I switch on my puter......sorry about the pun!

    You must be bursting to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...least I've kept your brain active LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Chrissie, waiting for such a precious bundle is so frustrating. What a stunning card, love the gold on black. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie

    I love your card its so gorgeous - I do love a swirl and a flourish. I also love your computer generated sentiment and how you've incorporated the swirl and uppercase fonts looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us this week over at Kaboodle Doodle and we hope to see you again.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely stamp...still no news then Chrissie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love that stamp, think I have got that somewhere in my stash! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in Kaboodle Doodles this week and hope to see you again. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hun
    a beautiful card, very classy as always, gorgeous image, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card, love the gold and black combo, thanks for joining us at Gingerloft this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Chrissie, I love the lickle bird. Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card,very elegant, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your gold embossing... just got a heat gun for Christmas and I'm learning how to do this without having powder all over the place! I love looking at perfect samples for inspiration!
    Thank you for joining our Monochrome Challenge at Kaboodle Doodles!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this card! Your gold embossing is beautiful:) Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a beautiful card! thanks for joining our birthday celebration at the crazy challenge!
    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chrissie - this is a gorgeous card. I love the flourishes too. Great embossing - the image is still clear.

    Hooray for Mandi!!!

    Paula x xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two words - Sheer Elegance! What beautiful detail and the embossing is perfect..Love the birdie too:)
    Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie