Thursday 3 February 2011

Colour Create - Lemon, Green & White

I made this card some time ago but never got around to blogging it, but when I saw the colours from Colour Create this week, I thought that it was time to show you! However some of you may have seen it lying on my desk one WOYWW some time ago.
It's made using one of my favourite techniques, sponging with ink and then overstamping.
The stamps are from Stampin' Up and I love them.
I mounted the ribbon over a strip of green card a) to show up the spots and b) to give me layer to wrap the ends of the ribbon around.
I find this type of cardmaking very satisfying.
For those of you who are waiting to see... there's no new grandchild yet!

13 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Chrissie. I really like this sponging technique and the colours you have used are very effective. Thanks for the update on your grandchild. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful Chrissie. Has your daughter tried a curry or is that an old wives tale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, Chrissie - so fresh and Spring like! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissy! Love this technique- must give it a try one day. Not my fave colours but you have made them look lovely! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Chrissie! So elegant. Hope the little one arrives soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card Chrissie. Beautifully put together and that image you created is so serene.
    Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Sharon
    p.s. you daughter still has her legs crossed then? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Chrissie - love the technique - perfect for the SU stamps!!! Thanksf or joining us at Colour Create this time around too!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! I do hope that baby comes soon. I know all of you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful use of the colors for the Colour Create Challenge! A WOW card!!! LOVE IT!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, beautiful colours.....my goodness that is one stubborn baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chrissie, love your technique, and your stamps are lovely too, thanks for joining us at colour create this time, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like this kind of card, although never attempted myself.

    Hmmm you're daughter clearly had a nice and comfortable womb!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie