Friday 3 September 2010

One Layer Wednesday - Tree Challenge

Yesterday I took my daughter and granddaughter home after a week of staying with us, so today was my first opportunity to spend time in my craft room undisturbed. Bliss!
I had a play with a few things and this is what I came up with for the challenge from Simplicity. I really love this simple approach to card making and I find the results most pleasing! It is, however make or break when it comes to stamping, as it is direct to paper. One mistake and it's in the bin!
The tree stamp is from All Night Media and the sentiment from Hero Arts, stamped with Stazon in Olive green. The lighter shade is achieved by stamping without re-inking the stamp.
Clearly I stamp - Owls and their habitat

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Chrissie, and I love your watermark too...very stylish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Chrissie!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....love all the trees and the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, this is so calm, simply perfect:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I've just had a good look round at your clean and simple cards - love them! Like the sound of this technique and feel a play coming on! ikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great monochromatic CAS card!
    Sharon D. from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, so simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning card Chrissie - I bet this would look lovely in a blue colour for Christmas too... with some white/holographic glitter on the edges.. hmmm

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the simplicity! Thanks for joining us for CIC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrissie, what a gorgeous use of off-stamping! Love your little forest and simple sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie