Thursday 9 September 2010

Experiment

This Clean and Simple card is the result of a little experiment.
Yesterday I had a shipment of SU goodies and after trimming and mounting the stamps onto their wooden blocks, I had a reasonable amount of wastage from the lorry stamp. This gave me an idea.
I looked to see if I had a Sizzix Bigz die with a small enough image to cut a stamp from this wastage. The baby's head from my Pea and Pea-pod die just about squeezed in.
The next thing was to try to cut it, which my Cuttlebug did, like a dream.
I decided to change the backing to EZ Mount and had a go at printing it with this result.

Here you can see the bits and pieces I used, you can see the 'stamp' mounted on an acrylic block, the wastage from the lorry stamp and the Bigz die which did the cutting!
Charisma Cardz has the challenge to try something new this week. I've certainly never tried this before!

12 comments:

  1. What an innovative idea. Worked really well too... great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea...very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant - wish I still had my pea pod die now!
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gold star for this one! Clever you!! ikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is really clever.
    Hugs
    valxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, I was mounting some SU stamps this week and was thinking what a waste. HUgs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - you are soooo clever Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Chrissie what a talented and creative lady you are. I often hate throwing the wastage away on the SU stamps but would never of thought of this brilliant idea, and brilliant card I think you are really setting a trend with the CAS style I love it
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so clever - great die. Isn't the CB and amazing little machine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea, card is fab too , sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really great idea, thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good Luck!
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever. I gave my mum the wastage from my Butterfly stamps, i thought she'd be able to do something with them too. I always find it a shame to throw these bits away.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie