Monday 13 September 2010

Playing with ink

There seem to be a few opinions on exactly what a One Layer Card is. I have always understood it to be a single sheet of card, folded in half. .. in fact no other layers. I did think that the odd embellishment was allowed as that would not consist of an actual layer. I don't know where one would look for a definition, but this is my interpretation.
I masked all but the middle square of the card and inked the exposed part in a variety of colours, ending with a marbling roller stamp from Rollagraph in gold pigment ink. I then overprinted this with the Penny Black Falling Stars stamp in Stazon and finally added the Penny Black sentiment.
I really like unfussy cards.
Winter Wonderland - One Layer Card

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Chrissie, love that stamp :-)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie your interpretation of a one layer card is spot on and I agree some people really do not understand this aspect or struggle with it. I adore your card the perfect colours the clean classy lines and the perfect silhoette image totally fabulous
    thank you for sharing and playing along with us this week at Winter Wonderland, hope to see you Friday for the next Fun Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, I love that centre panel colours and the stars cascading :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Chrissie - I love how clean and crisp it looks. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card Chrissie, i've got this stamp and only used it once but you've inspired me to hunt it out. Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Wow from me Chrissie! Just love it, I think CAS really suits you.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you on One Layer Cards, this is definitely what they mean. and I love yours it's really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning - just shows you what effect you can get from using this technique. Not enough cards around of this simplicity.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this card. Beautiful colors and wonderful stamps <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie