Wednesday 29 September 2010

Clean & Simply blue

I love to watch the videos by Gina from Gina K Designs. As I was looking around her site today, I noticed a challenge with a Clean & Simple sketch. I haven't previously entered any cards for this challenge, in fact I hadn't realised that there was one, but having found it, I just had to have a go. The next problem was how to upload my picture so that it appeared in the correct place. What a difference a couple of apostrophes can make! I finally managed it however.
I love the techniques to be learned there, but sadly don't have any Gina K products as international postage makes the cost somewhat prohibitive!
This card uses a little Cuttlebug embossing and some of my new Darkroom Door images from the Friendship Flowers collection. They arrived just yesterday. I cut and embossed the circle and left the card inside the die for stamping. I stamped each image twice with Midnight Blue Stazon, without re-inking, to get the shadow effect. Stamping within the die ensures that a plain border is retained.
I was quite pleased with this one!

18 comments:

  1. Another stunning CAS card Chrissie and thanks for the tip about stamping while still in the die - I learn so much from you x

    PS. About your work area pics - Can I ask what is in the tray on the left with I think, card sticking in it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I love that stamp - so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chrissie I love this card so clean and simple yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found the sketches! Fabulous CAS job you have created!! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chrissie for your reply to my earlier question - I can see it know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning card Chrissie, love the shadow effect :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Chrissie. No doubt you'll be joining in again. I love this challenge as it's my preferred type of card. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Chrissie.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie
    Fab card i love the simple cards but don`t seem to be able to do them..i also watch these videos
    hope you ok
    Hugs
    Sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful as usual Chrissie.
    Sallie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning creation Chrissie I love the dark blue it look perfect.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning..Love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clean and crisp! I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW so elegant Chrissie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful CAS card Chrissie - love the colours and the shadow effect. I also love Gina K's videos, and would love to get some of the crafty stuff in the US but as you say it's a bit expensive to order it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorg.eous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie