Friday 17 September 2010

Sweet Sketch Sunday

I have just spent quite a while trying to work out how to add a feed to my blog.It's like the blind leading the blind I'm afraid, I really am rather clueless about these things. I have done something... I don't know if it's right.  I miss having the kids here to sort out my technology. 
I have been playing around with a Letterpress kit which I had to go and fetch from the Post Office this afternoon, as they tried to deliver it during the three minutes this morning when I was in the shower! I think that it and me will probably come to blows. I got it slightly out of line when I tried to run it through my Cuttlebug and it was really hard to do and I saw afterwards that I had scrunched one side of the bottom plate somewhat.  The ink takes ages to dry and I've got it everywhere. Hey Ho! Maybe things will get better.
Anyway on to this card. It's the sketch from Sweet Sketch Sunday and I had a play with a large Penny Black Stamp called Gossamer. I stamped it three times and die cut three different sections from it and then arranged the pieces in a line after adding just a hint of colour.
The papers are from Bits of Ivory, the sentiment is Stampin' Up and the  ribbon was coloured with Copics.
I love the sketch I'm not quite sure if I've done it justice however.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Chrissie. I love the clean lines and the image is gorgeous. You have been busy! The other cards are fabulous as well
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, as usual. I know I've said it before but I love your style. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love the stamp and the layout you've used. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous Chrissie. Sorry you are not getting on too well with the letraset. Try less ink on the stamp, it only needs a very light covering I find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Chrissie what a beauty this is I love how you have used one image but split into three I have always loved this technique a stunning card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely superb in every way :o)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Chrissie, you've done superbly. Looks like in the tooo hard basket for me to attempt I'm afraid. Your cards never cease to amaze me. Fab work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chrissie - Sarita, Little Princess Cards had a letterpress and had a few teething problems when she first bought hers, i remember reading about it on her blog. Maybe it could be worth getting in touch to see if she can give you any tips.

    Have you read the QVC reviews on the letterpress - there might be some tips on how to get the best out of it on there.

    You wouldn't think you'd had any probs with this card though.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie