Thursday 9 September 2010

Brown Christmas

I know that the original colour for Father Christmas was green, but having spotted this stamp in the drawer, I decided that the only non-red Santa colour for the Challenge at ABC Christmas this week would have to be brown. I love this image from Rubber Stampede... Santa looks so genial and kindly and I'm sure would grant any child's wish.
I didn't have any really skinny ribbon in brown so I coloured a piece of pink ribbon with Copic Markers.
This is another outing for my Fiskars Upper Crest border punch. I think I will get quite a bit of mileage out of this one. The sentiment is from Hobby Art and the corner is from a Cuttlebug die.
I just heard that a member of our choir died this morning, we were informed on Tuesday that she was gravely ill in a hospice, but it was still a shock to hear today that she had passed. Makes one feel one's own mortality!

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you have had some bad news, you are right it does make you think....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovley card Chrissie, love that stamp! Sorry about your friend, I had some sad news today too, my friends niece died at the weekend, she was only 4 years old, she had a tumour on her kidneys. Cant stop thinking about her family, she was an only child.

    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the image is great in that colour Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowzer Chrissie this is pure perfection to my eyes, I absolutely adore the colours you have used they look great, this one looks a really expensive, classy card I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie,
    This is one of my favourite santa stamps it looks fabulous in the colour you have chosen, I love to stamp it in gold too.
    Love the card and the punched border is lush.
    Sorry about your loss.

    Cool fish to play with!!!
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful, very classy. I do love your new edge punch :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Chrissie :-) that's one of my fave Christmas stamps ever - I the same one.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, simple but stylish, thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the santa image and the brown and cream colour. Adore the Fiskars edge punch too.

    Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Chrissie, thats really sad news, I'm really sorry.

    I love this card and see more of the usual Chrissie style here. Love the colour combo and that Santa stamp is so crisp and well illustrated. Also really like the punched edge to the layers.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. a fabulous festive Santa! thanks for joining in the fun with us on the ABC Christmas blog.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie