Tuesday 28 September 2010

Lily of the Valley

I printed this image from Fred She Said, the sponsor of our 'Bloomin' Marvellous' challenge at The Creative Card Crew this fortnight, directly onto my Fred She Said Pinstripe digi paper, before colouring it with Copics. I haven't actually tried this before, but with a little white watercolour for the blossoms, it seemed to work quite well.
I used my Spellbinder tag a little differently on this card. I wanted the white to show up the delicate colour of the organza ribbon, which I'd coloured with my Copics, so I cut the tag in two and used it as a means to get the ribbon to run behind the image.
Once more I have used my gorgeous new Fiskars Upper Crest border punch and added a sentiment from Hero Arts.
I've had an email with a request for a couple cards this morning, so I'd better press on!
Tuesday Throwdown - Punches

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh wowww Chrissie,What a wonderful card.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have the ribbon passing below the image...how did you do that with the tag? This is my favourite card of yours so far Chrissie, it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooo beautiful Chrissie. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty Chrissie...I seem to be coming round to that border punch...oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an elegant card! Wonderful painting and the punched edges and ribbon really finish it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly stunning! I LOVE Lily of the Valley and mine is just starting to poke through the ground - cannot wait until it is up and flowering! The green and white is so pretty in your card. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!!! Love the colors and the image. The dark and light punched border are so nice! Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie, this is just lovely! I can see why you like your new punch so much - it's a super edging. Love the way you have used the Nestie, very different and sooooo effective. This is very clever and creative crafting. Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie