Friday 17 September 2010

Something Yummy - Guest Designer at Raise the Bar

I think it's really yummy that I have been asked to have a Guest Spot (Guest Bar-Tender) on Raise the Bar Challenge Blog. The theme, strangely enough is 'Something Yummy' and I chose this gorgeous image of strawberries as my source of yumminess. I ought to label where I acquire my digi images, as I've bought so many and downloaded so many freebies that I find it difficult to remember where they all come from.
It's coloured with Copics and the strawberries were then glazed with 3D Gloss Finish. When it was just tacky, I poked the spots where the seeds are with an embossing tool, which left little dents in the surface and made it look a little more life-like. The central panel is edged with a little broderie anglais, which has been knocking around in my sewing box since my 29 year old daughter was about 2 years old. I can remember edging some of her dresses with it. The flourishes are from a Quickutz die and the sentiment was computer generated.
I'm quite pleased with this one. It's for my friends birthday in a few days. We met when we lived in the States in the 70's and have been friends ever since. She is Godmother to my son and for several years our only contact was Christmas and birthday cards. However, a couple of years ago we met at the Rose Bowl, Hampshire's cricket ground and have continued to meet very frequently since that time.
I hope she likes it!
Alphabet Challenge - U - Unused stash (I think 27 year old broderie anglais counts)

8 comments:

  1. It definitely is a yummy card Chrissie. Really like the way you have made the strawberries pop.
    Hugs
    valxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! She should love this card! I love all the details especially the lace. It's so perfect with the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Chrissie, clean and elegant. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Chrissie, good enough to eat. I'm sure your friend will love it.
    Sallie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the image & colours. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card!

    Inken
    Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely story.

    Just a tip. When I save a digi, be it purchased or freebie, i always put where i got it from in brackets after the name of the image. I then save all my images in folders from the same source if I have more than one. I have got a few strays, but in the main, i've filed in folders according to the source of the image.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous strawberries - fab card -thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie