Well, I alter die-cuts from time to time and this card was a case in point. The word 'friendship' was too long and thin for any of my dies, so this is how I made a die cut to fit.
- I printed the sentiment onto a piece of card
- Then I placed a Nestie rectangle over the word so that the top border was the size I wanted. I put a piece of scrap card under the part of the die which extended beyond the bottom of the sentiment card, to prevent it from digging into the cutting plate.
- I then moved the piece I had already cut out further up in the die so that the lower border matched the one at the top. Once more I did the cutting over scrap card to prevent the die embedding itself in the cutting plate.
- Here is the finished die cut, which looks as though it has been cut in one operation.
- Should you have no die suitable for your image or sentiment, you can always cut it out with your trimmer and then using a Nestie and an embossing tool, simply use it as a stencil and emboss the edges a little at a time, moving the card around to fit into each corner in turn.
These images are from a Stampin' Up Set and the sentiment from a Hero Arts boxed set.
Stamp Insanity - It happens in threes