Tuesday 7 September 2010

Thinking of music

I started to think about music when I blogged this morning about returning to my choir. It was in fact, through music that I met my husband.
(Sit down, have a cuppa and listen to the violins in the background....)Years ago I belonged to the Bristol Youth Choir, which was about to embark on a tour to the USA and needed a bass soloist. The conductor, through a process I won't bore you with, met my husband who was singing with a different group and asked Phil if he would like to come on the tour... and the rest they say, is history. It all happened on a Greyhound Bus!
So this card... with its little bit of Shakespeare is very true for us. We both still sing, both belong to the same choir and have taken lots of choir tours in the years in between.
The DP is from Hot off the press, and the sentiment stamp which I bought secondhand on eBay a long time ago says Wordswoth Art Stamps, Colorado Springs, on the side.
The hearts, both the stamp and the punch, are from Stampin' Up.
I find it rather pleasing... the colours are kinda subtle. Hope you like it!

7 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous,
    and it was lovely to read how you met your hubby,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card and the tale that goes with it :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly do like it....and how romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think your post is lovely...the card is beautiful - I really love the sentiment - I don't suppose it is available anymore! One can find love anywhere - even on a Greyhound bus!!!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Chrissie,
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely entry for the Stampman theme this time. Thanks for this, it is very different and so romantic
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Chrissie - and suppose it would make an appropriate anniversary card to Phil!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie