Saturday 4 September 2010

Butterfly memory

My teamie Cat at One Stop Crafts Challenge has chosen the theme for this week's challenge, which is a photo inspiration. She has given a choice of two pictures, one of a caterpillar and this one of a butterfly. Whenever she sees a butterfly, she is reminded of her mother who died recently.
For this card I used my new Glimmer Mists and overprinted the paper with some large Artemio silhouette images. I was having difficulty in obtaining a decent print from these stamps, but Julia of WOYWW fame, gave me the wonderful tip of lightly sanding the surface of the clear stamp with an emery board and then washing it in soapy water. It worked like a dream, so I thought that I would pass on that helpful tip.
The butterfly stamp was a cheapy from Hobbycraft and the sentiment is from one of my favourite sets from Hero Arts.
These days I seem to be moving towards more simple styles of cards, maybe I'm being influenced by my daughter who loves them!
Do come along and join in the challenge this week, we'd love to see all your beautiful creations.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie. This is one AMAZING card. The background you created is sensational. Love all the sparkle and shimmer. Stunning work.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glimmer mists give a lovely finish to the background. Like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great image and thanks for the tip.EE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, this is such a gorgeous card. I love your butterfly. The background with the stamped flowers is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful - I just love the shimmer, and the ethereal look of the flowers.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card hunni..I love how you usedd the butterfly and the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. sensational card! wonderful style!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you'd used acetate and put gold leaf on the back - the technique you've used is really as effective.

    I've had problems with new clear acrylic stamps whereby they don't accept ink very well... One time, I coloured one stamp with a promarker then stamped with it... the next time i inked it up it was more successful. Whether this was a coincidence or whether the alcohol in the promarker did it I have no idea. I've not tried it since mind, so not sure whether it was a total fluke or not... probably - but it is difficult to ink them well when they are new - so thanks for passing Julia's tip on... i'll try it for sure.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just stunning Chrissie, and thananks for passing on the tip.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie