Saturday 18 September 2010

Spotlighting Technique

I have just returned from Staples after changing my craft chair for a second time.
I bought the original chair about a year ago and was quite pleased with it until the leather/leatherette split around the stitching on one of the arms. We had taken out cover to insure against mishap and the chair was replaced with absolutely NO quibble.
A similar thing happened to the replacement chair and so back I went to Staples. They couldn't have been more helpful. I have changed it for a different model this time, which is in fact much more comfortable and so I am well pleased.
I also bought a Really Useful Box to keep some of my clear stamps in at the same time.
So... on to this card. It is for the sketch at Our Creative Corner, which I thought, lent itself to this technique. It's called Spotlighting, for fairly obvious reasons. It's quite an  interesting idea isn't it!
The image is a freebie from Digi Doodles and I think it's wonderful. Their challenge is Anything Goes!
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and I sadly can't remember the make of the digi paper. I wish all makers would add an identifying name to their images and papers, it would make things a little simpler. The very bottom layer is a lovely woodgrain paper which I got in the Paper Mill Shop.
Secret Crafter - Anything Goes
Stamp Something - Use something digital
The Shabby Tea Room - Inspired by nature and/or green
Oooh,I do like my new chair!

19 comments:

  1. Chrissie,

    I love your cards. I've been going through your posts just since Wednesday, and was blown away by everything you make in less than one week's time. Your cards are an inspiration to anyone in the card making business.

    I wanted to let you know I have chosen you to be my blog pick of the day tomorrow (Sunday, Sept. 19). Sunday posts are a bit different, because they are "Silent." That means pictures only, no words, so I post the blog of the day in a separate post earlier in the morning. Thanks for being such an inspiration and such an awesome card maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB card Chrissie, love the coloured element of the leaves

    Good to hear you got your chair sorted

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card Chrissie and yet another new technique. Must remember this one! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently found that technique and I like it best for flowers/plants. It looks great on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chair sorted......now the rest of the room eh Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card i so very pretty. Great how you colored the leafs in the circle!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shops Best and using our free digi!

    Greetings Katja (DT-DDSB)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely Chrissie, love this technique too, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card

    Thanks for joining us at SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card! I love that autumn image and I adore your spotlighting technique. That is such a cool trick. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful example of the spotlight technique Chrissie. I love the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shops Best and using our free digi! Your card is lovely!

    Good luck!

    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, lovely technique, so stricking...
    Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry striking...lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card and a great example of spotlighting. I have been meaning to have a go at this technique for ages and even have a piece of paper written in front of me to do it!!! I might do the challenge that way I could actually do the technique at last.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So great card, love it !!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best, hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Yona

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card. Very unique. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love what you did with the digi stamp! Such a fabulous idea! Thanks for joining us this week at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chrissie, this is beautiful! I have to say I've never tried that technique. You've inspired me! Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner's sketch challenge! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great technique Chrissie - its very clever and eyecatching.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie