Thursday 9 September 2010

One Layer Wednesday 19

The One Layer Wednesday Challenge at Simplicity is to make a one layer card in black and white, with just one splash of colour.
I'm not 100% happy with this one and may try another. I think that the idea was OK, it just lost a little in translation.
The image is part of a Rollagraph Wheel stamp which I masked before inking in order to get just four squares of kitties. Looking at them now I don't know if I chose the best four cats. It's the first time that I've used this wheel as it only arrived yesterday.
The positioning of the image on the card was a little problematic... it was more eye-balling than mathematics however, but that worked out well in the end.
The cardstock is a fairly heavy Hessian weave and I was anxious that the impression of the sentiment stamp would be clear enough. In fact I pressed a little too hard and the lines are thicker than I'd like. It's tricky getting just the right amount of pressure for any particular cardstock used.
Since I damaged my knee and had subsequent surgery, I haven't been able to go to my gym club, yet have continued to pay my fees. The manager of the Spa said that I could have a treatment in the Spa, by way of compensation. So yesterday I had a back and head massage and a de luxe manicure treatment. I spent about 4 hours of bliss being pampered and it was wonderful. This card is a thank you for the manager. I hope she likes cats!

10 comments:

  1. ooh I love thus - it almost looks like it's been printed in a press.

    Glad you got a lovely pamper - think I could do with some of that!

    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like 4 hours of sheer bliss to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great use of green, what a clever coloring, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the placement of the squares...and I'm envious of your 4 hours of bliss...need to schedule a little "me" time soon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - good thinking - excellent result. The spa sounds pretty good too! ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card turned out great! I'm sure your spa mgr. will love it, even if she doesn't like cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love your cat card, it's perfect and fits the challenge well. I'm sure it will be very well received, sounds as if you had a lovely time:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Love those cat stamps and am so glad you got to be pampered! Wonderful way to thank the manager!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could she not like these cats? I think you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and simple card. What a lovely way to be compensated too. She'll love it.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie