Friday 3 September 2010

Bleached Images

I woke really early this morning... about 4.15am ... isn't it just the way, when I could have slept later because my granddaughter has returned home, I woke up really early. Anyway, I had a quick look on 'tinternet', bought some stamps and looked at a few ideas for card-making. I was reminded about using bleach for colouring images and so when it was a reasonable hour I got up and had a go. This is my effort.
I began with the burgundy cardstock and stamped some leaves randomly using Versamark. I embossed this with black, fine detail embossing powder and then using an empty water brush, painted with bleach (Milton) inside the leaf shapes. To speed the process up a little, I used my heat gun on the back of the card so as to dry out the bleach but not burn the embossing. This also seems to give the variation in colour where there's slightly more bleach.
The sentiment is Stampin' Up.
I don't know if this fits with any challenges, but as A Crafty Little Place has an Anything Goes Challenge, I'll add it to that!


9 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic. The variation in the tone from the bleach looks great.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is the best today Chrissie, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Chrissie x The colour is great and the bleaching technique looks really good. So clever x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Chrissie. I really must have a go using bleach, it is something I have always wanted to try but just never got round to

    luv

    Carolynne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that effect looks gorgeous! I need to try to remember about it to have a go...! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Love the technique!! Thank you so much for sharing it with ACLP!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully done! The leaves are so beautiful the way you bleached and embossed.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - what a great card - nothing else would have created such a stunning effect... wonder what cilit bang would do? Should we ask Barry Scott LOL???

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie