Monday 13 September 2010

New Technique

This technique may be familiar to lots of you, but for me it was the first time of trying Stamp 'n' Bond with Gilding Flakes.
I stamped the Penny Black image with Versamark and added the Stamp 'n' Bond before heating and melting the powder. I then pressed the flakes over image and brushed away the excess. It goes everywhere if you're not careful, but I quite enjoyed it. I think the effect is lovely. Probably I won't be so scared of doing it again. The bits and bobs have been sitting in my drawers for quite some time.
I heat embossed the Hobby Arts sentiment with regular gold embossing powder, I wasn't sure that it would be legible enough using the flakes.
I edged it once more with my gorgeous Fiskars Upper Crest border punch.
Penny Black - Card for a man or boy
Christmas Card Challenge - Christmas Trees
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Sparkly & Glittery
Alphabet Challenge - T... Trees
Penny Black at Allsorts - Punches (September Challenge)

13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful result Chrissie. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Chrissie, is that the one in an oval pad? hope your having a good week, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love the gold on the black and white. So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welldone, I've never seen that before

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chrissie. Just WOW!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous and elegant card chrissie...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Great technique. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable christmas card. Very lovely.
    Thank you for joining Alphabet challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is just so elegant. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous - another card that looks like its been professionally foiled.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie

    It really is a great card, but you may like to check out rule 2 on our sidebar re backlinking to old posts.

    So in fairnes to others we cannot include your enrty this month.

    B x
    Penny Black at Allosrts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie