Tuesday 7 May 2013

Sew Happy

I quite had fun making this card. I saw this inspiration card (below) at Muse and remembered that I had bought some Kanban tape measure stamps which to date had not seen ink, so out they came. I also found a piece of card from some packaging which I thought would make great chipboard shapes and so out also came my Movers and Shapers dies.
For the bottom panel, I used the technique from Technique Time Tuesday, (but missed the deadline) which is to colour a piece of card with Distress Inks using sponge daubers and then stamp onto it using a pad made from kitchen towel soaked in water instead of ink.
I used a zig zag stamp which I had removed and separated from a Stampin' Up wheel containing several stitch images. I think it makes quite a subtle effect.
The sentiment is partly from the Alley Way stamps and partly handwritten, you can probably guess which word is which!
IMG_8688
Yet another lovely day today, aren't we lucky!

11 comments:

  1. I love that you went with the 'measurement' element on this week's Muse! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Chrissie, that ruler looks real! Great texture on the body form and spool. Very warm today but it's gone cloudy:(
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!!! Actually I can't tell which one you hand wrote, you did a fab job!!! Love the technique you use on the bottom panel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Chrissie!!! LOVE the fabulous sewing theme and I adore the stitching as the water stamping! So sorry you couldn't link up--hope you can play along this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the Muse Challenge. Great color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Great take on the Muse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card and the sewing theme.....Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both *Sew* pretty, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this card. You did a great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card - love that lace draped across the dressmaker's dummy and the stamping with water is brilliant - got to give that a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie