Monday 6 May 2013

Bank Holiday Monday

Addicted to CAS has the code word rainbow this week.
I decided to go with inking a piece of card in rainbow colours with Copics, to use as the backdrop behind some die cut letters. I die-cut the word panel with a rectangular Nestie, which I elongated a little to accommodate the whole word.
I then added the little bee from A Day for Daisies, also coloured with Copics.
This one uses the sketch from Retro Sketches and a stamp from Blockheads. It is actually a huge stamp, so I stamped it and then scanned it so that I could use it in a reduced size. It's coloured with watercolour pencils and a water brush.
I added a scrap of Pink Petticoat DP and a length of green twine.
This final one uses elements from Casual Friday's Tic Tac Toe. 
I chose Punches or Dies, Text and Black and White.


I also based it on the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch

I really love the effect of this technique.

The sun is shining, I really should get out and do a little tidying in the garden today.


12 comments:

  1. Love these cards Chrissie, the rainbow sentiment is so eye-catching ! What a fantastic idea! :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chrissie, what a fabulous selection of wonderfulness! TFS, your work is so inspirational, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Chrissie, I especially like the rainbow colours on the letters in the first one. Hope you are having a lovely bank holiday weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of rainbow colours! Love the bee. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fun! Love the technique on your CTS card - very graphic and cool! Thank you for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie, your card really made me smile with that little bee, loved your rainbow colours and your super Casness ! Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and I do hope we will see you again.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your happy rainbow card. It is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I really love how you used the die! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards! wonderful work! really like how you used both the negative and positive of die cuts. thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little bee. Great card with the rainbow-sentiment!
    Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS!
    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! The last one is so graphic and bold. I love the mesh over the die cuts--it's so striking! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie