Friday 17 May 2013

Thinking of you... with a difference

This morning I was asked to make a card for an elderly lady who has just been diagnosed with motor neurone disease . The person requesting the card didn't want a traditional get well card as it is a degenerative disease and she is not likely to get completely well again, but wanted to convey that she was thinking of her. This was the wording that we came up with between us... I suggested the 'keep your pecker up' bit and my friend suggested the rest. I think it should do the job!
It's a Paper Smooches image coloured with Copics and then glazed.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment referring to the colourful birdie.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie - this is brilliant - literally! I love the glazing on the bird and the sentiment is perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly darling card that is sure to make her smile! There is a sweet couple that are in their 80s and they purchase my cards. That is the same input I get from them...please no "get well" cards because most of their friends are not going to get well. This is a perfect card! The shimmer and shine is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the joy of handmade cards... they are tailor made for the recipient!! Fabulous sentiment, I'm sure it'll be we'll received :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Chrissie and that colouring looks amazing, esp. the beak WOW!!! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie