Saturday 4 May 2013

Another Saturday

It must be a sign of old age, but Saturdays come around really quickly!
Here are a few more sample cards for the "Less is More" challenge this week, which is to use opposite colours from this colour wheel!
Some of them are quite tricky, but this first card was an attempt to use these colours NOT as a Christmas card!
The image and embossing are from Stampin' Up.

Another Stampin' Up stamp here, coloured with Marker Pens before stamping. I love the watercolour effect!
The new sponsor at Less is More this month is Acid Drops and Whatnots. 
I met Karen at the show at Ally Pally and thought that the images and sentiments were such fun. I am delighted that she has agreed to sponsor our challenge this month. DO check out the fun stuff on her site.
Here's another card using the same set of images, called One out of Three.
Here's another violet and green, but this time the colours were achieved with my squished leaves and flowers technique.
Same colours again here, but this time using ink!
Stampin' Up background and a Rubber Stampede flower.
Well it was fun... I hope you'll join in this week too!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie
    Wow you have been busy... Gorgeous selection... Love the fun messages on those lady stamps....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my my, so productive. Fantastic group of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Chrissie, and the sponser designs are really funny! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Chrissie :-) I love the saucy girly ones ,, very funny :-)

    hope you have a lovely weekend
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Chrissie, love the sentiments on those fun ones! I'm still deciding on a colour combo. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely group of cards Chrissie but there's no doubt about which one catches the eye today! The lady and her bottom made me scream with laughter! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy this week Chrissie Fab cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lady is purple is way funny! What a fun card! All your cards are just fab:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Chrissie, thank you for your comment, what fantastic set of cards i think my fav are the watercolour flowers in the oval and the little bunch of flowers, gorgeous!!!, and of course the fantastic faty girl:D:D:D, so funny and naughtily dressed :D:D:D.
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspirational cards this week - love how you've coloured the 'lady'!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your so cheeky Chrissie... Did I laugh on Saturday morning or what!!! Hope Karen she's them :0)
    Great challenge and you've explored a few combos brilliantly... Love that Mother Nature got one right with beautiful poppies.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've been very busy of late - some stunning creations here. The cheeky one did make me laugh!
    Thanks for pushing me out of my colour safety zone!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What a gorgeous bunch of cards this week, Chrissie! You've really outdone yourself! Difficult to chose a favorite...but that first one really grabs my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a busy bee you are Chrissie! Great cards....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissy, you have been a busy gal. Love your cards for the Less is More Challenge and as always each one is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. More fabby cards Chrissie, I think m y fav this time is the pretty Tulips one peeping out of the box, such lovely shading too !...Yes I find Saturday's come around so quickly too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie