Friday 21 May 2021

Hello

Here is my final rendition for this month's challenge at CAS Mix Up!


I made another stencil from a heart trail die and a sheet of Mylar. I don't have all the colours of Distress Oxide inks, so used a mixture of Oxides and regular Distress inks to add the rainbow colours. I didn't really have a deep enough shade for the indigo and so I mixed a few colours to achieve the depth of colour I wanted. I used fine blending brushes to apply the ink. 
I found a scrap of card which was close to one of the shades in the hearts to add a mount for the image, In fact there's a die cut space in it but there was enough solid card around the edge to make the frame. 
I rummaged through my dies to find a suitable sentiment which would a)fit onto the remaining scrap of yellow card and b) fit into the gap of the inked hearts. This MFT Hello was just right on both counts.  I stacked it onto a couple of white die cuts to add a little definition.
I added a few random, tiny, pearl gems for a little interest. (They are really tricky to spot).
We were about to restart our choir rehearsals last Tuesday, but in the afternoon the government decided that no more than 6 people could meet, despite all the precautionary measures we had in place.
It was a great disappointment. Petitions have been signed, MPs lobbied, social media protests written... it will be interesting to see what happens next!



4 comments:

  1. Your die cut stencil is lovely Chrissie and you created a gorgeous rainbow coloured heart. Thanks for joining us again this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love this rainbow heart, Chrissie! I really like your choice of color for the mat and die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, this is CAS rainbow perfection! I could learn a lot from you. I'm so glad you shared this beautiful and cheerful card with us at CAS Mix UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to stretch your dies again, Chrissie. This makes an amazing stencil. LOVE it sponged with the rainbow colours. Hearts and rainbow ... perfect combination! The yellow gold frame and hello are perfect accents. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Sorry to hear about your rehearsals being delayed. We are way behind in Canada and can only meet a few people outside - no indoor meetings at all. Hoping it will change after the long weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie