Sunday 23 May 2021

Sending love

I surprised myself a little with this card. Usually I like to keep the shades of cardstock exactly alike, but for this one I departed from that a little. I decided that because of the nature of the hessian, I would use an ivory card base, but then I used white for the daisies, so I continued with the mix and used a creamy shade for the lace but stuck to the white for the vellum tendrils and the sentiment panel. I think it works!
I used the inspiration from Just US Girls

It was Cecile's choice and I just love her work... I also love daisies and hessian... so it was a real winner with me.
This week we'll be welcoming a new washing machine and a new sitting room carpet, so I'm going to have to get busy moving furniture... not exactly my favourite task, but hopefully the end result will be worth it!


 

6 comments:

  1. Really like this card, it calls to the eye and I find myself really looking at it. Just beautiful in its apparent simplicity. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. The color combo works very well together and I love all the texture in the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is so beautiful et so elegant, too. I love the mix of soft shades and those gorgeous daisies. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly nailed this weeks photo challenge at JUGS Chrissie. Love the texture on your card base. Beautiful daisies, burlap, lace and the touch of vellum on the tendrils. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is CAS perfection! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win ... love this so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie