Tuesday 11 May 2021

Merry Christmas


This is rather an unusual colour choice for a Christmas card, but I am rather partial to lots of shades of kraft card and so when I saw that the challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown was to use this colour, this is the card I came up with. 

In fact I decided to combine it with the challenge at CAS Christmas , where the theme this time is Foliage and Berries.

Merry Little Christmas - Anything Goes
I  used an ivory base to complement the kraft die cuts. The foliage is from a die called Silverdale from Memory Box. It is stacked 3 times and mounted over a frame cut with Framelit and Presscut dies. I stamped this in Versamark using a wood plank stamp from IO. I lightly brushed a little Empire Gold Gilding Wax from Pebeo onto some edges of the leaves and the sentiment panel and added some Nuvo Crystal drops to the berries. The sentiment is from Memory Box.
I just discovered that Amazon Music has compiled my own personal playlist from tracks that I have chosen to play frequently... it's brilliant... all my favourites without having to keep selecting! I'm obviously not too old to keep learning new things!



 

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of kraft and mistletoe on your card Chrissie, thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love what a festive look you gave this, actually somewhat drab color! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chrissie - great use of the colours, and great lay out. Thanks for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'est une très jolie carte Chrissie, sobre et chic, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kraft and ivory card Chrissie! The plank background is so cool ... you are enabling me to spend money! :) Beautiful mistletoe. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your clean and simple design - simply stunning. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Your kraft creation works for me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of the kraft for the background and the foliage. The crystal drops make great berries. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas! (And congrats on winning 52CCT with this card.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous - love the subtle touch of the gold gilding! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie