Saturday 22 May 2021

Foliage & Berries

Out of nowhere this morning, came the idea to make a card with an embossed tile as the focal image. I haven't made one of these for quite some time, and I must admit that it was fun!
I used an old stamp from Artemio, which I stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink and coloured with Copics, adding a few highlights with a Gelly Roll pen. I then over stamped with a bunch of background stamps, music from Kaisercraft, splatters, script and postal mark from SU. Following this I added a couple of layers or UTEE.
I did toy with the idea of adding a sentiment and in fact made a couple, but decided in the end that I preferred it as is!

It's for the challenge at CAS Christmas.


I was lucky enough to win a Penny Black foliage & berries stamp from CAS Mix Up, but so far I haven't managed to make a card that I'm satisfied with... I have messed up so many, but no doubt I'll get there sometime! Watch this space!




 

3 comments:

  1. Your tile is beautiful Chrissie. Love the mix of stamps and the beautiful holly and berries. The shine from the layers of UTEE is just amazing. So very cool! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful little tile and a great reminder of an old technique :) Love your layered stamping over your sprig of holly - CAS perfection ♥ Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your glossy square Chrissie with the layered stampings and colorful greenery! Thanks for playing at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie