Saturday 22 May 2021

...and one more

The simplest of simple cards. A sprig of die-cut foliage and berries, triple stacked, with adhesive flat back pearls added for the berries and with the leaves twinkled with Glamour Dust. 
The sentiment is from a set by Hero Arts.
This is my final contribution to the challenge at CAS Christmas



Recently I have spotted crafters like Gina K and Jennifer McGuire using a 'chuckie' to press down on their stamping platforms, to get even pressure on their stamps. I decided to look around the house to see what I could find to use for this purpose. After a brief search I came across this  quartz or alabaster (or whatever stone) tealight holder. I die-cut the appropriate sized circle from a sheet of self adhesive furniture protector felt and stuck this on the bottom. It slides around on my stamping platform beautifully and has a really good weight to it too. It's also great that it protects my wooden furniture surfaces when I want to use it for its original purpose!




 

4 comments:

  1. Your black and white card is so pretty. I love that combination. Lovely card, Chrissy. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the black and white card Chrissie. I can imagine those leaves and berries have shimmer and shine. Wonderful CAS design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! What a great way to have dual purpose for your tealight holder. The weight of the stone would be great to adding pressure. Great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant in black and white with the shimmery leaves and pearls. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card with that lovely holly die cut in white over your black card Chrissie - and what a great repurpose of your tealight holder in your craft room! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie