Wednesday 27 January 2010

Valentine's Day is coming!


This year I have made a Valentine card with a footballer on, but I guess there has to be a first time for everything. The lady who ordered it was delighted. She said her husband didn't like 'sloppy' cards but did like football. Now here's a Valentine with a penguin on. The image is by Whimsy Doodles. The papers are a mix of Cuddly Buddly and Forever Friends.
I based it on the sketch from Cards and Things and am including it in Crafty Cardmakers' Challenge of Hearts and Romance. It's also for the Love/Valentine theme from Stampavie and More this week.
I coloured it with Copics and added a little faux stitching to make the shapes pop out a little.

8 comments:

  1. I love this one - it's fab. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !

    What a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at SAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card...I have really enjoyed visiting everyone today, all these valentine card's put's me in the mood to make one for my Hubby, we don't normally bother but as I am a crafter I have no excuses really, do I.
    I love your card, and the paper's really work well...
    x
    Vicky

    Thank's for joining us at Crafty cardmaker's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a beautiful Valentines card!! Lovely color combo and colouring too!!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampavie & More challenge.

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning - love the layout and the papers are so yummy - thanks for playing with us at crafty cardmakers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - your card is gorgeous!
    Beautiful colors and lovely details.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow chrissie your card is adorable #thanks for joining us at stamapvie & more
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie, this is soooo cute ! Thanks for playing along !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie