Monday 11 January 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge


I bought these papers in a goody bag from my local Paper Mill Shop on Saturday. I would not normally choose these colours, but they were a bargain!!! There were flowers, brads, ribbons, gems etc. in the bag and I couldn't help myself!! They are all from the Papermania Capsule Collection. At the same time, I bought the clear stamps which I used for the image and sentiment, but the packaging has gone from those already and I can't remember the name. I really should take a note of these things.
The sketch is taken from the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. I found it quite difficult working with such a bold paper, and for contrast, I opted for a plain paper, which I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, rather than using a complementary paper from the pack. I'm not really sure if the whole thing works, but it's almost there!





13 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really beautiful! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this works so well Chrissie, it's a masterpiece!
    Those colours are so warm and overall you've created a pretty classy number here
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you should work these colours more often - another gem! Great buy. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful! The colors are gorgeous! Great job!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie, it TOTALLY works -- I LOVE it!!! I think you did a fabulous job on this card -- great companion embossed paper! I think that takes the most of my time -- matching papers up for a card! Your combo works very well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, very sumptuous looking backing :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure what you were worried about, it all fits in superbly, a beautiful card Doreen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so amazing! So gorgous with it's rich colors and papers. Love it!

    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant card, love your choice of dp...so beautiful! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you chose. What a beautiful card. Thanks for playing at SSC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful colors on your card. I think your stamp is darling also. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, I adore your papers, they are so rich. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card ;0)
    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie