Sunday 16 January 2011

Wax resist flower

I love the colours in this card. Those of you who visited my blog last Wednesday may have seen the stash which had just arrived. This image is from the Darkroom Door set, used together with the Adirondack inks which I showed you then.
I stamped the image, tore the edges and then coloured in the petals with a yellow crayon (pinched from my granddaughter's crayon box). I scratched at the wax with a pokey tool and then began to sponge on the ink, starting with cranberry at the top and then with caramel at the bottom. When I had finished inking I rubbed the waxed part with a paper towel to remove any surplus ink!
I tore the background paper and then stamped it with a Crafty Individuals crackle stamp and then my SU spotty wheel.
A length of raffia was attached with the ribbon and it was done!
2 Sisters - Flowers
Craft Your Days Away - Anything Goes
Crafty Emma - NO designer Papers
Fairy Tale Challenge - Flowers
The Stamp Man - Distressing
Only 20 days to the launch of "Less is More".

15 comments:

  1. oooh I like the colours Chrissie and the flower stamp is a bit special too. Great technique.
    Plugged your new challenge on me blog!
    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours on this card and the image. Darkroom door stamps are great! Scrolled down your blog and saw your Joy Fold card which I absolutely loved, It would be great for your new blog. Looking forward to it
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is simply gorgoues hun what a wonderful image,beautiful detail too hgus cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and I do like that crackle stamp!
    Is that new baby here yet?
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours & I love the sound of this technique must give it a try!

    Thank you for joining us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very interesting, I would love to give it a go too. I love the colours you have used. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, great colors & papers

    thanks for playing with us at the Fairy Tale

    xxxAnnette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, Chrissie this card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowser - definately a new technique to me - but i love how it sounds - and definately how it turned out. This is FAB!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It´s so very pritty! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous and the the colours are fab
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Chrissie...gorgeous colours.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I'm off to raid my daughter's crayon box! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card. Fantastic work.
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie