Sunday 2 January 2011

Just Us Girls - Sketch

I made the background of this card using the technique of wrapping rubber bands around a brayer to make the wavy lines. I thought that it mimicked the pattern of the foliage on this Stampin' Up image quite well and  I also decided to emboss the middle section with a Cuttlebug folder with a similar stem pattern.
The rubber band technique is part of the Christmas challenge from Stamp TV.
I seem to have got out of the habit of card making over the Christmas break, I think I'd better try to get into the groove once more!
Just Us Girls - Sketch #65

6 comments:

  1. I do need to try this technique out and it does replicate mimic the background of your main image beautifully! Great colors and fab job with this weeks sketch Chrissie!


    Thanks for getting sketchy with JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Chrissie x All your work is great ! I wish I had the energy and motivation to even enter my craft room let alone make a card but I will try soon ( I promise ) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, this card is gorgeous!!! I have to check out that rubber band technique - the results are fabulous!!! WOW! Love the colors you used too! Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - like the embossing - works really well with the stamping on the card - very impressive technique with the brayer.

    Out of the groove? I thought you'd have been making cards all Christmas LOL...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie