Tuesday 18 January 2011

Spotty and Dotty

I have used the technique of using a DP as the image for a card before and the idea jumped into my mind for the Spots and Dots challenge at My Time to Craft this week. I think I could have chosen more subtle colours, but I thought of combining it with another challenge which asked for these shades, but as  didn't write it in my notebook, I can't remember which that challenge was. Such are my powers of recall.
These papers are a mix of Cuddly Buddly and Pink Petticoat.
I decided to make another card with a more muted paper... no spots and dots, to see the difference in effect it would have. It's quite marked isn't it!
There are endless effects possible, simply by cutting pieces of Designer Paper into different shapes and mounting them on card. I like the symmetry of this one. I'm not sure but I think this paper may be a Laura Ashley.
Only 18 Days to go until the launch of "Less is More"!

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards Chrissie. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea-must give this a go. As you say the different paper makes for a whole different look.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love these Chrissie the shapes are fabulous so are the dp.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun - they look so different!! Nice and easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very pretty, Chrissie, but I especially like the elegance of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! Great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie