Saturday 8 January 2011

Holly, Holly, Holly!

Heather Telford in Canada is such a huge inspiration to me. I just love the way she approaches card-making and  here is another card which I made under her influence!
The image is from Tim Holtz and this morning I was playing around with different mediums to see what I could come up with after looking at Heather's blog.
In fact these tiles were made from some of my experiments, which I decided were good enough to use.
From Left to right

  • Alcohol Ink background pounced in Bottle, Oregano and Lettuce, the image stamped in Stazon Olive Green
  • Image stamped with Versamark and clear embossed, then sponged with SU Sage Shadow and a little Stazon Olive Green (I wanted this darker colour, but had to clean off the embossing with a little stamp cleaner on a Q tip to remove the ink from the leaves to make them pop a little more )
  • Image stamped in Versamark and embossed in Evergreen, then sponged with SU Mellow Moss.
All three were then double embossed with clear UTEE.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

I'm quite pleased with this one!
Bah Humbug - Holly and Fairies (Needless to say this is the holly!)
Christmas Card Challenges - Embossing
ABC Christmas Challenge - A - Anything Christmas

Just Us Girls - Envy of the Envies...Make a matching envelope!
Cute Card Thursday - Out with the old (The stamp is over a year old)

13 comments:

  1. My oh my, Chrissie, this is lovely. The holly works perfectly with this technique. Makes me want to try the technique with a different colour scheme and image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Chrissie this is just so special - I love it - just fantastic to see experimental pieces used so creatively. I must check out the lady who has inspired you - maybe she would be good for me.
    Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! Good luck in our prize draw.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just lovely! Thanks for joining us again this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... what a lovely card. I've already used Heather's card for inspiration, but now I'm going to go back and try it again with the panel of card stock below the tiles. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Chrissie - stunning work - I love it - it looks like its been properly printed. All your cards are stunning - I feel I just repeat myself all the time!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to Bah! Humbug! Chrissie .... and WOW! What a fantastic card for our first challenge. Love everything about it. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie this is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeee this so brilliant! wow! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge! hope you continue to play throughout the year too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card and matching envie Chrissie! You might wanna try reentering this on the JUGS post when you click on your thumbnail it takes us to the jugs post not here.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is just stunning - I love the rich lining on your envelope. great card. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week - we surely appreciate your support and participation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the CAS take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope you'll play along with us again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Fabulous card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chrissie! thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday with your beautiful card, and I hope we see you again next time.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie