Tuesday 4 January 2011

CPS 199

Having just made a card with a butterfly, I felt the need to try another and here it is. I used the sketch from CPS 199 and took the inspiration of the double butterfly from Carly Robertson's beautiful creation. I don;t seem to be doing too well with my photography recently, The deep blue looks a little washed out in this picture.The SU background was heat embossed with Holographic embossing powder and the circle was dry embossed using a similar swirly folder. The larger butterfly is from a Marianne's die (I think) and the smaller one from Spellbinders. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Butterfly Prints stamp set.
I managed to get about 8 cards done for a friend yesterday, and delivered them, forgetting to photograph them before handing them over...doh!
Die Cut Dreams - Quotes

10 comments:

  1. You've been very busy Chrissie. This is stunning, I love contrast of the navy with the white, and the embossing is fab!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the heat embossed background with the hint of glitter in it! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie
    Happy New Year to you and yours ...love the colours om your card...and the butterflies are gorgeous

    hugs
    Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Chrissie.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at CPS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to photograph the handful of christmas cards i did at the last minute - and they were ok by my standards... it sucks when you forget to take the pics!!!

    I can make out all the detail in the pic OK Chrissie. An unusual layout but works with the quote...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us with this lovely creation, fab quote, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty!!! I just love all the embossing and the colors are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just stunning! So clean and classy. Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie