Monday 10 January 2011

Joy Fold New Beginning

I'm always delighted to see signs of Spring, although I guess it will be a while before we see any at anytime soon, after this hard winter we've had so far. I always love to see the snowdrops peeping through just outside my kitchen window.
Here I have used a snowdrop image, I'm not sure of the make, it's an unmounted grey rubber one which I bought on eBay quite some time ago and is a nice size, about 6.5 cms tall. I coloured it with distress inks and added a few highlights with a Gelly Roll Pen.
I like these cards to stay closed when required and so added a photo anchor; I don't like to see the back of brads, so I added  the green strip of card by way of both accent and camouflage.
The Spring sentiment is a Debbi Moore stamp.
Crafty Calendar - New Beginnings
Daring Cardmakers - Snowdrops & Carnations
Allsorts - Fancy Fold
Creative Card Crew - New Beginnings
Cupcake Challenges - Something New - Spring - New beginning (My Gelly Roll pens are a new acquisition too)

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous snowdrop card with The
    Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie, what a pretty card. I love the image and your colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Chrissie. That green is such a fab shade and I love the joy fold you have done. thanks for playing along with Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya hun
    a gorgeous card as always, luv the design, may have to pinch that idea, lol, sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is beautiful Chrissie love the fold and the colours and image it looks super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this card is so elegant. Thanks for playing at Cupcake! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards ... love looking at what you create so many ideas to borrow!!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card! It makes me wish for spring to be here! Love the fold you used too! I need to make more "fancy fold" cards. YOu have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful classy card and gorgeous green, love the snowdrops :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie,
    Lovely to see you, I love the design and adore snowdrops, roll on spring, thank you for playing along with Creative card crew.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love snowdrops the first sign that spring is on its way the, sentiment inside looks so nice too great card!...

    thanks for joining in the fancy folds challenge at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this fold! Our neighbors across the street have some of these snowdrops. I always enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh this is very calm and beautiful to look at Chrissie, love those gentle tones.

    Nice to see a joy fold card too, I can't seem to master it, mine always topple over when I'm done!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Cupcake this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww snowdrops are my favourite flowers. Lovely card the simple style is gorgeous and I love the colours

    thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, classic card. I love the snowdrop as the new beginning and having the definition inside is a great idea. Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie