Wednesday 3 March 2010

Scallops!

My son-in-law has a birthday very soon. I don't quite know why I chose this image... it seems a little random, but I thought that it was kinda cute.... so this is what he's getting. I don't seem to have an abundance of images which are suitable for chaps. I gave him a rugby player last year, as he's a season ticket holder at Bath Rugby. I don't know if he has an affinity for mooses. He's certainly got more idea about reading than this chap (the book is upside down).
I thought the fancy knot that I learned how to do while ago would look preferable to a ribbon and also that I would keep the scallops simple.
It's for the scallop challenge from Digital Tuesday.

13 comments:

  1. gorjus card hun your cards are alaways so beautiful hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's certainly different Chrissie - and the knot is very clever. Shouldn't you be packing??? - or are you all organised and have it all done and by the door ready?! tee hee...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Chrissie this is fabulous I just adore that image and your design is just perfect I find this very inspirational thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not just any moose, it's an educated moose so I'm sure he will love it :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the knot, is it easy to tie?

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men are so difficulot aren't they but I think this fits the bill and the knot is inspired I wish I could do it.

    I was looking at all your wedding stationery last night and was just blow away, they are all so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card and knot looks great. you always seem to fit more on a card than I can! what size do you use please as photos can be misleading on size
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! What an adorable image and I do love moose. Lovely ribbon treatment! Thanks for sharing with us at Digital Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie - I really love the idea of using a fancy knot like you've done here - might have to go a-hunting for instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie, thanks for getting back to me on the card size - that explains it! as I compared my pre cut cards and they are smaller than how you do yours.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Chrissie, and I'm another fan of that knot!! Can we persuade you to tell us the secret of it? :o) LizC x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie