Saturday 6 March 2010

Girly Happy Birthday

I've been trying to get this card done for about the last 4 days, but with my granddaughter staying here, my time seems somehow otherwise occupied!
It's for a few challenges
Creative Card Crew - It's a Celebration
Daring Cardmakers - Aquamarine
Moving Along with the Times - Sketch & One for the Girls
The image and papers are from Pink Petticoat with Cuttlebug's 'Victoria' embossing folder used for the white panel.
The sentiment is from Papermania mounted on Nesties. The flowers were made from my cut and emboss punches which I got with my latest stash from Farnborough Show.
I must admit that I've kinda got into the habit of using 2 ribbons at a time, I rather like the mix of satin and organza.
That's about it!

13 comments:

  1. hi chrissie,your card is beautiful,love your ribbons and papers,thank you for using my sketch and for joining us at MAWTT:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card and I like the two ribbons - good idea!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris, sent you a message which I hope you'll received. I'm in Edinburgh and unable to contact you. Have fun! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. that two ribbon idea is awesome. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie this is a beautifully designed card which definitely has the designer look those papers, ribbon and image are just great.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image is great and I really like the way you've put your card together. The ribbons add a nice touch!

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. simple and chic - I love it
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this image Chrissie - classy card as usual. I used a couple of ribbons on a card a while ago in this way and was really pleased with how it looked.

    Anyway - I have an award on my blog for you - link: http://paulaspaperplayground.blogspot.com/2010/03/award-how-fantastic.html as i'll have posted loads more by the time you get to read this probably!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! Lovely colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful once again.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Chrissie, I love that image. The 2 ribbons look great together xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous card Chrissie - love the embossing and the double ribbon, and that image is lovely. Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge again.

    Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elegant and very beautiful card!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie