Thursday 20 January 2011

Big Deal Alphabet

My lovely friend Mandi gave me this fabulous Stampin' Up Big Deal Alphabet when I went to see her last week. I spent some time this afternoon trimming and mounting the stamps. I had to think carefully what I was doing as these were double-mounted, something I haven't previously done.
I also cut some pieces of acetate into rectangles and stamped each letter in a corner of a sheet using my Lego positioner so that I have a ready made set to use for getting the stamps where I want them each time the set is used.
You can see a tutorial here on how I use my my granddaughter's Lego to position stamps where I want them!
I got the idea to stamp 'baby' in this way from using a Heidi Swapp stamp in a previous post.
I think I shall get quite a it of mileage from these stamps! I hope Mandi doesn't regret giving them to me!
Mami Doodles - Mostly Blues

7 comments:

  1. Fab baby card Chrissie, love it. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll!! I really like this card, simple and clean, and beautiful! I'd love to see it in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun
    beautiful card, classy as always, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure and simple, elegance as usual Chrissie. Those stamps will be really useful and how organised to do the acetate sheets ready to use...good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie, beautiful card and stamp. Wow, so creative how you used the Lego to position the stamp.
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - Mandi must be mad giving such a great stamp set away LOL...

    I LOVE this card and the colours you used on a previous card which I've just commented on. Such adorable baby cards... you can't go wrong with these - who wouldn't want them?

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the stamp! Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie