Tuesday 1 February 2022

Thanks so much


Host - Susan

Mixed Media Challenge

Susan's Message
For my challenge I would like you to recycle glossy Magazines, Advertising material or you could use Designer Paper that has been hiding in your stash.  Most cards I have seen are embossed with Gold embossing powder but you could use other colours too.  


Video Tutorials: 

Well, I had never heard of this technique before so I had to look at a video to see the effect. I found that stamping onto a magazine was a trifle difficult with my stamping platform as the paper was so thin that it tended to stick to the stamp, which made a secondary stamping impossible as the paper   had moved. Anyway this seemed to be OK. I used an advert for loose covers for a sofa, but I quite liked the pattern. Having the cut out the image, I found that the feelers were somewhat problematic as they are so skinny, so I actually cut them off and stamped the image in position onto the base card and embossed it, then stuck the butterfly over the top, aligning the feelers with the body. I wasn't completely happy with the position of the sentiment but I found that it had stuck too securely with my first positioning... I usually cover the foam tape with a little glue stick, to give me a little more manoeuvrability, but I'm afraid I forgot!
Anyway there's another technique to add to my resume!
Why not head on over to CAS Mix Up and join in the fun!



 

10 comments:

  1. Holy cow. How absolutely stunning this butterfly looks against the dark background you used. Stamping the antenna before placement of this gorgeous critter was a great idea. Using the shiny gold matte around the panel and sentiment really showcases them. Speaking of the sentiment, I like how you positioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful butterfly, Chrissie! It looks so classy on the dark background! You certainly mastered this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful effect with the cloisonne butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faux cloisonne butterfly turned out beautifully, Chrissie. I thought the sentiment placement looked just fine:-) TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Butterfly looks amazing Chrissie, love the album paper you chose for the Faux Cloisonné and the gorgeous colour of the background card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking effect with the new to me technique and a real WOW of a card Chrissie x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting technique and beautiful result! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is special and so rich, beautifully done Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous butterfly Chrissie!! I LOVE the patterned magazine paper you've used. I do the same with anything that is fussy-cut but has small "bits" around the edge, stamping on my card base and then paper piecing the main part. I love the deep colour of your card base which makes the card so rich and elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your butterfly looks fabulous Chrissie, the design on the magazine page is just perfect .... a very elegant and classy looking card. I'm with you on the fussy cutting, I always find it's easier to stamp and then paper piece the little details xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie