Friday 11 February 2022

Thank you


This is the card which evolved after making my video yesterday on the Faux Cloisonné technique. It’s strange how things happen… I decided to put a ‘thank you’ sentiment on it and thought it might be suitable for a chap. Last night I was presented with the perfect opportunity to use it. I have a friend whom I met through card making, whose son is now a respected and acclaimed crime novelist. Last night my daughter informed me that he had taken the trouble to write to my 13 year old granddaughter to encourage her with her writing. It was an amazing letter and Daisy was absolutely thrilled.

Co-incidentally, the stamp I used was one I bought on an occasion when I met up with my friend at Ally Pally. This card was obviously meant to be! I was introduced to the technique through the challenge CAS MIX UP, so I thought I'd add this there, although I am on the DT and have made another couple of cards using the same technique already!



https://youtu.be/d7nIE5wXPls
This link will take you to my video


 

8 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful and looks absolutely terrific on the black background

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect, love it on that black background, it is always nice you you find the perfect use for a card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pure elegance, Chrissie! I enjoyed the video too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, love your card such a totally delightful design. The larger leaf is awesome created with the Faux Cloisonné technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ONG...Stunning Elegant gold heat embossed Faux Cloisonne leaves card for your friends, author son, who gave a beautiful act of kindness gesture to your 13 yo granddaughter:-) Your card will be treasured. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! so incredibly elegant and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Chrissie. And isn't it wonderful that you had it ready for the perfect situation. What a lovely man to contact your granddaugher and encourage her writing. She will never forget that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful. The gold against the black is gorgeous. That is a lovely story for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie