Saturday 7 August 2021

Merry Christmas


I have been away for a short break in West Wales and had a lovely time... we were really fortunate with the weather and the scenery was fabulous, but I'm always glad to get home again. On our return I was eager to get a card made but had no inspiration, so I looked for a challenge to enter!
The challenge at CAS Christmas is Decorations.



My first thought was to do something with baubles, but I couldn't work up any enthusiasm for that, so I thought I would do a wreath instead. I have made a wreath to decorate our front door at Christmastime, but not for a year or so. This one has Christmas Roses in it (Hellebores) at least they look like them to me!
After I had cut the pieces  (Craft & You Dies), I coloured them with 3 shades of green alcohol inks and a little Blending Solution. I merely flapped them up and down into a puddle of colour on my craft mat!
The sentiment was a freebie from a mag, which I heat embossed in gold onto a torn strip of vellum.

At Time Out   it's Word inspiration




 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Chrissie, love the variegated leaves on your wreath. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty wreath Chrissie, the shades of green from the alcohol inks look fabulous and those little flowers are perfect, you have the best collection of dies! thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Chrissie. I love your description of how you made the wreath, and the Christmas roses are extra lovely. I also love the vellum strip for your sentiment. It is always a joy to have you play with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, what great dimension too. Love the addition of the tiny bow and how you have tucked it behind the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wreath, Chrissie! I love how you used your alcohol inks and your florals are absolutely perfect! Another lovely addition to our gallery! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wreath Chrissie. LOVE the shades of green alcohol ink that you used to colour the leaves and vines. Those flowers look like Christmas Roses to me too. Beautiful and elegant card with the vellum sentiment panel embossed in gold. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is the perfect Christmas decoration and the first one to be seen when entering the house! Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie