Sunday 8 August 2021

Joy to the World

A card for a few challenges. I began with the sketch from Christmas Card Throwdown
Just realised that I put the sentiment in the wrong place... can we put it down to a little artistic licence?

I used the colours from Color Throwdown


 the theme of decorations from CAS Christmas


and the hanging decorations from the photo  inspiration at Christmas Kickstart


Starting with the sketch I cut the front panel together with the little Christmas dies in the arrangement of the sketch... if I had thought things through a little more I would have altered the placement slightly so as to accommodate a) hangers for the two top shapes and b) threads to hang them up with... maybe another card will emerge for that. It's always fine to be wise after the event!
I believe that the dies are a bit of a mix and match, I just raided my box of Christmas dies!
I think I may have to have another go at this one!




 

7 comments:

  1. another perfectly CAS card, I shall look forward to seeing version 2. I love the white on kraft. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Kickstarter, it is great to see you in the gallery xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour combo and great layout XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweet simplicity of your card, Chrissie! It's a beauty. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I absolutely love the simplicity of this design! You've made those colours look gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Christmas card, Chrissie. I think it has a real modern look to the design, especially with the earthy colours. Awesome design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on all of the challenges Chrissie, love the decorations placed in the windows, great design and thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty little cutouts Chrissie! love the white and kraft colors - thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie