Sunday 1 August 2021

CAS Mix Up August Challenge


The other day I had a lovely surprise! I received an email from Loll Thompson, inviting me to join the Design Team at CAS Mix Up. I had decided that I would step down from all Designer obligations for a while as I seemed to have been involved with them for many, many years. However.... could I resist joining the team of my favourite challenge?  No, I could not. SO here I am with my first challenge as a designer with them.

This month it's Jenny's Challenge

Jenny's Message
I love this technique because it adds so much interest and depth to your stencilling. I personally find it easier to use a fairly open pattern to make it easier to get a good impression.
I can't wait to see what you create.


Video Tutorials: 
&

 
The thing that appealed to me so much with this challenge blog is the variety of techniques and  mediums involved with making cards for the challenges. This month's involves something which I have never done before... stamping through a stencil.
The stencil I used is a homemade one which I cut from acetate with my Silhouette Portrait. I used just a portion of it and inked with Distress Oxide ink in Salvaged Patina ink, using a blending brush. With the stencil still in place,  I stamped some splatters from SU's long retired French Foliage stamp set, using Memento London Fog ink. The sentiment, from Clearly Besotted, has been in my stash for quite some time, but must have been NBUS, as I had to condition it following several unsuccessful attempts at getting a decent image. I have always found Loll's method of wiping a new polymer stamp across one's forearm to be the most successful!
The die cuts are from Simply Graphic, a wonderful French company which I recently discovered.
I am grateful for the warm welcome to the team!
Why don't you head over to the CAS Mix Up blog and join in the fun!





 

16 comments:

  1. Making your own stencil...brilliant. It's clear to see why you're on the Design Team and such a welcome addition. Love the soothing choice of colors and the minimalist vibe of this card. Think that diecut is fabulous with just that sweet bow. Gorgeous first DT card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our team, I am so thrilled to have you join us as your cards are so special. I love your idea for this one and it has worked beautifully, so clever. I am so glad you accepted Lolls invite xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Chrissie, it's so nice to have you on the team! You are always such an inspiration to me. Love your stenciled design with the lovely splatters! You continue to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Chrissy...so happy you accepted Lolly's offer to join us at CAS Mix Up as our new and very talented CAS Mix Up Girl!!! Love your simply beautiful stamping through a stencil CAS card design. Your stenciled background with the bit of stamping and die cut image shows off your CAS style beautifully. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Chrissie. LOVE the soft, delicate colour of the blended salvage patina. I bought the ink too but have not used it yet ... now I have to get it out after seeing it in action! :) The stamped splatters look fantastic through your stencil. I LOVE the dark die-cuts that make the circles look like blooms on the stem. So pretty. So happy to have you on the team Chrissie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Chrissie. Lovely to see you back on a DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Chrissie, I love the tiny touch of stamping inside your stenciling and that die cut is perfect.
    Great to see you as part of the CAS team ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie, it's so nice to have you join the team! After seeing your cards in the gallery it's clear to me that I can learn a lot from your CAS design skills. CAS is not my first language! Today's card is such a lovely example. Soft colors and a great combination of stencil, die, and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the team Christie! Your CAS style always inspires me, so I’m so excited that you are going to be our team-mate:) Your card is so beautiful and elegant! I’m looking forward to receiving my Salvaged Patina DO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congratulations and what a beautiful card and fun technique. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely, serene looking card. Very interesting about stamping through the stencil. What type of white card stock did you use here? I like the slight texture it has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It’s a linen weave card from Amazon.

      Delete
  12. Welcome to the DT Chrissie great to have you join us. Awesome card love the colours and the CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh huzzah, you joining the team is brilliant! I have been intending to pick up that shade of blue, I love the way you teamed it with cool browns.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie, firstly I'd like to say welcome to the team, it's so nice to have you as part of the CAS Mix Up family.
    What a fabulous start ..... beautifully CAS as always, and I love the colour. This ink pad has been sitting on my desk for ages, I think I might just have to try it out now! The stamping through the stencil adds a real interesting detail too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your new assignment for CAS Mix-Up, Chrissie. I've always admired your cards and look forward to see what you create for each challenge. This card is so soft and lovely and the die cut a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie