Friday 13 August 2021

Birthday WIshes

I have had this die by Paper Rose for some time but this is first time that I have used it. I began by cutting three layers of the tulip frame and stacking them. I then embossed an image onto a piece of card to see where I should add colour, which I did with two shades of Distress Oxides in pink... Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar and one in green... Bundled Sage. Once I had coloured it, I sealed it with some clear Ranger Distress Glaze and then die-cut the coloured pieces and inlaid them into the frame die cut..
I happen to have several sets of dies from Presscut and there are 30 odd circles in this particular set, increasing  very gradually in size, so I was able to find one which matched the diameter of the Paper Rose die to make the aperture behind it. I stamped a few splatters on the base card and then popped both that and the frame onto dimensional pads. 
The sentiment is by Mama Elephant.


Keep it simple

Full Circle





 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card!!That die is so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card....I am a little confused. Why did you need to inlay the colored pieces when you have the embossed image that you colored? Was it preference or were you not careful with the coloring after embossing that piece...and therefore needed to die cut and inlay the pieces????
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tulips are colored beautifully, Chrissie! A brilliant idea to emboss them for the color! Hopefully I can remember that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love your pretty tulips and the way you inlaid the colored pieces. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, love the pink splatters. I hope you use that die more often now as it is pretty special xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a stunning card Chrissie! I love that gorgeous floral die cut and the soft colors, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Chrissie, you manage to source the best dies lol! Love the soft pinks in the flowers, spatters and sentiment, thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply gorgeous Chrissie. THanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, Chrissie. The dimension and the tulip color really bring the card to life. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning card Chrissie. Love the softness of the flowers and the added splatters behind the die. Thanks for joining us at WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such a stunning card! Loving the die cuts and the softness of the colours - beautiful 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant, soft and beautiful. Love this creation. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us @Heart2HeartChallenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie