Wednesday 30 June 2021

Happy Birthday

Here I used a little more of the distressed shaving foam technique print, (which I used on the card in my last post) but sadly picked a background stamp to emboss over the top which was too busy, so you actually can't see too much of the blues beneath...But I thought I would use it anyway!
I took a strip of card and die cut the tips of the butterflies' wings from it then dry embossed it. I cut two butterflies from the blue/gold embossed card and popped them into the gaps, adding bodies and a sentiment.



Do butterflies count as critters? I guess they might!

Here is another card made with a similar layout, similar shaving foam print and similar technique of partially inlaying the dies. This is my attempt at the Photo inspiration at Just Us Girls.


I think it's quite a tricky one! The DT inspiration is awesome... do take a look!

This card base is one of the two different types of linen-y card that I'm using to try to replace the one that Paper Mill Direct has ceased producing... much to my chagrin. This one is from Amazon.



 

4 comments:

  1. Love your shaving cream panel -- I always make such a mess with this technique. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and yes I think butterflies are critters. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards! Love hiw you used the sketch! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie